* We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith, and not of works. This means that salvation cannot be earned by any work (church attendance, baptism, repenting of your sins, etc, etc). Salvation is putting your faith in Jesus Christ and that he died, was buried, and rose from the grave to pay for your sin. You receive salvation by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and simply asking him to save you. (Acts 16:31, John 3:16, John 3:36, 1 Cor. 15:1-4, Ephesians 2:8-9, Rom. 10:9-13)
* We believe in the eternal security of the believer (once saved always saved). Just like there is nothing you can do to earn salvation, there is nothing you can do to lose it. (John 5:24, 1 Peter 1:3-5, John 11:26)
* We believe that the King James Bible is the Word of God. We believe God inspired and preserved it. (Matt. 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33, Psalm 119:89, Psalm 12:6-7, 2 Peter 2:21, 1 Peter 1:23-25)
*We believe the creation account given in the book of Genesis. That God created the Heaven and the Earth approximately 6,293 years ago ( + 20 Years) and that they were created in six literal days. (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 1:31, Exodus 20:11).
* We believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, and that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary. (John 1:1-14, 2 Tim. 3:16, Luke 1:27-35, Matt. 1:23, Isaiah 7:14)
* We also believe that Mary did not stay a virgin, but had other children that the scripture mentions. (Matthew 13:55, Mark 6:3, Matt. 1:25)
* We believe in the Trinity, which is the belief that there is one God that exists in three persons. The three persons or members of the Godhead are the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The three members of the Godhead are distinct and separate persons, each possessing their own body, intellect and will. The three are all equally God and eternal, meaning that they have eternally existed as three persons. The three members of the Godhead voluntarily submit themselves under a chain of command. We acknowledge that each member of the Godhead is not partially God or a part of God but believe that each member is all God and all of God. We reject partialism (the belief that each member of the Godhead is a part of God that comes together to make up one God). We reject polytheism (the belief that each member of the Godhead is a separate god). We reject oneness (the belief that each member of the Godhead is the same person playing different roles).[Genesis 1:26-27, John 1:1-3, Colossians 2:9, 1 John 5:7]
* We believe in the autonomy of the local church. This means that we are independent of all denominations, conventions, and fellowships. We have Jesus Christ and the Bible as the head of our church and not some Pope, Prophet, President, or Board of directors. (Ephesians. 5:23, Colossians 1:18, Titus 1:5, 1 Peter 5:1-4, 1 Timothy 5:17)
* We believe in the “local church” we reject the teaching of the “universal church”. (Acts 9:31, Acts 15:41, Romans 16:4 & 16:6, 1 Cor. 7:17, 1 Cor. 11:16)
* We believe that church membership is a privilege and not a right and church members are subject to be removed from membership and not allowed to attend the services or church functions if they violate the qualifications of church membership as set forth in the Holy Scriptures and the by-laws of Sure Foundation Baptist Church. (Matthew 18:15-17, 1 Cor. 5:1-13, Rom. 16:17-18)
* We believe that the unsaved will spend eternity tormented in a literal hell and eventually the Lake of Fire. (Mark 9:43-48, Jude 1:6, Rev. 14:11, Rev. 20:14-15)
* We reject the teaching of Calvinism and believe that God wants everyone to be saved. (1 John 4:14, John 12:32, 2 Peter 3:9, John 3:17)
* We believe that abortion is murder and oppose all forms of birth control that end life after conception (fertilization). (Matt. 1:23, Isaiah 7:14)
* We are Non-dispensational. We reject any teaching that salvation has ever been, or will be, by any means than by grace through faith. (Hebrews 13:8, Romans 4:3-9, Genesis 4:26, Hebrews 11:1-6)
* We oppose worldliness and believe in a holy separated life. (2 Cor. 6:14-17, 1 Cor. 6:15-20, 1 Peter 2:9, Ephesians 5:8, Romans 12:1)
* We believe the Bible teaches us to live a sober teetotalist life. Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to attend services or church functions. (1 Thess. 5:6, Titus 2:2-6, 1 Peter 1:13, 1 Peter 4:7, 1 Peter 5:8, Proverbs 23:31, Lev. 10:9-10)
* We take a stand against the Charismatic and Ecumenical movement of our day. (2 Cor. 6:14-17, Ephesians 5:11)
* This is not an all inclusive list; we believe anything and everything found in the King James Version of the Bible.
If you have any additional questions about our beliefs or our church please contact us.